Estia has established the following guidelines to ensure the quality of Estia.com Classifieds. Please remember that Classifieds are posted by other users, not by Estia.
Sellers and buyers are responsible for all aspects of the transactions in which they choose to participate. All transactions conducted on Estia Classifieds must be
Estia reserves the right to reject or remove any ad that is not consistent with the letter or spirit of Estia's policies or the law.
Please review the usage terms below
and make sure any transactions you conduct comply fully.
Estia provides Estia Classifieds as a platform for our users to connect with one another. Estia does not participate in, nor is it a party to, any Classifieds transactions.
Estia does not screen or control users who may sell or buy on Classifieds, nor does Estia review or authenticate all listings, items, or services offered for sale.
Therefore, users of this service should be aware that:
- Sellers and buyers are completely responsible for working out the sale and exchange of goods or services.
- Sellers and buyers must resolve any disputes that may arise from Classifieds transactions. It is important to use care throughout your dealings with other people in Estia Classifieds.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for researching and complying with any applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale or exchange that may pertain to transactions in which they participate.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for all applicable taxes and for all costs incurred by participating in Estia Classifieds.
- Fraud. You may not use or manipulate this service for any fraudulent activity or purpose, including collecting payment from buyers and not providing
the item or service purchased, or filing false claims for insurance payments.
- Interference. You may not spam our system and/or impose an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our system. You may not put any
material on Estia Classifieds that contains any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that may damage,
interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information. You may not solicit Estia Classifieds users to post ads on other classifieds sites.
All sellers must:
- Comply with applicable laws. You may not offer for sale or sell an item or service to any buyer in a jurisdiction where the item, service, or terms of the
sale violate applicable laws or regulations. You also may not offer for sale any item or service that violates Estia's policies as described below in "Prohibited Items and Services."
- Provide accurate information. You must accurately describe the item you are selling. You may not include any language in your ad, including the ad title,
which may confuse potential buyers or cause your ad to be included in search results to which it is not responsive.
- Place item in the appropriate category. You must list your item in the most appropriate category. Each item can only be listed in one category.
- Avoid inappropriate ad content. You may not link to, post, or include advertisements for goods or other materials that: (a) describe items or services
that you are not selling in Estia Classifieds, or (b) you do not have right to link to or include. You also may not include any content or images in your ad that are obscene,
offensive, harmful to minors, invasive of anyone's privacy, or otherwise inappropriate.
- Have the rights to and possession of item. You may not offer any item for sale that is not in your possession, you do not have the right to sell,
or that does not exist at the time of the ad.
Prohibited Items and Services
It is the responsibility of both the seller and the buyer to ensure that the items or services listed for sale and bought by users are appropriate for sale under all applicable
laws and regulations.
You may not sell the following items or services under any circumstances:
- Any item or service that is harmful to minors, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Illegal or restricted weapons and related accessories, including the following:
- Firearms and firearm accessories, including ammunition, scopes, and silencers (Note: Estia allows the posting of antique firearms made before 1898 and replicas of antique
firearms that have matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar ignition systems, subject to removal in Estia's sole discretion. All other firearms are prohibited.)
- Switchblade knives
- Any concealed weapon
- Any explosive device
- Martial arts weapons
- Cigarettes, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia (including items to grow, manufacture, or distribute the same), prescription drugs, and medical devices,
including any medical device that requires fitting by a certified practitioner or licensed seller.
- Any item that violates any U.S. export law or regulation, including any items subject to the terms of the U.S. embargoes against Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran,
Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Serbia (former Yugoslavia), and Sudan.
- Any item that infringes the rights of a third party, including items that violate copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy rights of third parties.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Unauthorized copies of software, music, video games, movies, photos, or other media.
- Bootleg recordings of concerts, movies, or other performances.
- Sale of back-up copies of software.
- Any item that is counterfeit or stolen, including items that are:
- "Replicas," "knock-offs," in the same "style" as, or "fake" versions of a name brand product.
- Counterfeit, or for the purpose of producing counterfeit, currency, stamps, government identification.
- Inauthentic sports collectibles, celebrity autographs, or otherwise inauthentic versions of memorabilia or other items with inauthentic signatures.
- Any item for gaining unauthorized entry to a place or vehicle including lock-picking devices, vehicle master keys, and other devices.
- Any item that promotes, glorifies, or is directly associated with groups or individuals known principally for hateful or violent positions or acts, such
as Nazis or the Ku Klux Klan. Official government-issue stamps and coins are not prohibited under this policy. Expressive media, such as books and
films, may be subject to more permissive standards as determined by Estia in its sole discretion.
- Any animal items that are subject to regulations or laws for the protection of live animals, including endangered species and domesticated animals, as well as any
products made from or including any parts of an animal protected by law or regulation. (Please note: Pets may be offered for sale on Estia Classifieds.)
- Any item that has been the subject of a product recall by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, other government agency, or product manufacturer.
- Any item used for hacking, intercepting, jamming, descrambling, or otherwise obtaining unauthorized access to wire, electronic, or other types of communications.
- Bodies, body parts, bodily fluids. For example: cadavers, organs, "clean" urine for drug tests, sperm, eggs, blood, breast milk.
- Fireworks, explosives, or any hazardous material or restricted chemical.
- Government-issued identification documents, whether authentic or counterfeit (e.g., fake IDs for age verification, fake government credentials, passports,
green cards, birth certificates), police badges or insignia, and any other law enforcement items (e.g., FBI identification cards, badges, uniforms, flashing lights/sirens, etc.)
generally restricted for sale under federal and state law.
- Stocks and securities.
- Gambling items (lottery tickets, sweepstakes, pyramid schemes, grab bags, raffles, slot machines, etc.).
- Individual contracts, services, and any item that is non-transferable.
- Event tickets sold for prices that are in violation of the laws or regulations of the event venue.
- Non-packaged food items and other food or beverage items sold in a manner inconsistent with federal, state, or legal regulations.
- Any used goods not appropriate for resale for safety, health, or other reasons, including any clothing items that have not been appropriately cleaned (e.g., used underwear).
- Any items that are "adult oriented" in nature or marketed in an objectionable manner, as determined in Estia's sole discretion.
- Any other item or service that violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation or which Estia determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for
sale through the services provided by Estia.
Estia Classifieds encourages you to post ads in Estia Classifieds as long as they are not duplicates or other forms of spam, or otherwise inconsistent
with the Estia Classifieds Guidelines or Estia Terms of Service. Estia may take action to delete classifieds ads and/or Estia user accounts that we believe are misusing this service.
Prohibited spam or otherwise impermissible marketing activities in Estia Classifieds may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Posting an ad that is unrelated to the category in which the ad is placed.
- Posting identical ads in the same category and location.
- Posting an ad with inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or unauthorized use of content to which the person posting does not have rights.
- Posting a multi-level marketing position or other non-traditional job not involving a W2 or 1099.
- Posting an ad for the sole purpose of collecting user information or raising money.
- Posting an ad that contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials. This may include an ad that instruct the user(s) to contact
the person/company posting the ad for more information and then require the user to pay a fee for that information.
- Posting a job ad that requires a monetary investment by the user at any time.
- Posting an ad that requires a user to register before getting detailed information about the product or position.
- Posting an ad through unauthorized robots (crawling software).
- Soliciting a Estia Classifieds user to post an ad in another classifieds site.
Estia Classifieds users do not appreciate spam. Spamming gives you and your service a bad name and decreases the effectiveness of your ads.
Estia may take corrective action, at our discretion, when prohibited activities or other misuses of the service become apparent.
Estia Classifieds permits the resale of Event Tickets, as long as sellers abide by the applicable state and local laws where the event is located. In an effort to help
users conduct lawful ticket sales, Estia requires that ads for event tickets meet, at minimum, the following requirements:
Estia Classifieds listings for Event Tickets MUST
include in the description:
- the location of the event (venue, city and state)
- the date of the event
- the face value of the ticket(s)
the location of the event is in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan,
Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina or Wisconsin, the seller MUST
- restrict sale to the face value of the ticket(s)
- enter the face value of the ticket(s) as the Price during the ad submission process
Event Ticket ads which do not comply with this policy, the Terms of Service, the Estia Classifieds Additional Terms, and all applicable laws and regulations are subject
to removal, at Estia's sole discretion.
Please be aware that event tickets are regulated by state and/or local laws in many jurisdictions and compliance with this policy does not ensure that your ad is legal
or allowed on Estia. It is the responsibility of sellers and buyers using the Estia Classifieds platform to locate, understand and act consistently with any and all applicable
federal, state or local statute, ordinance or regulation that may prohibit or restrict the sale of an item to be listed. Estia encourages users to research the relevant laws
and regulations when posting an ad for tickets. If you feel an ad may be in violation, please report it.
Other Important Rules
- Other Rules Regarding Classifieds. Additional rules for Estia Classifieds are posted at various places within Estia Classifieds. Estia, in its sole discretion,
may change these rules without notice.
- Real Estate. All real estate advertising herein is subject to Estia's Terms of Service and the Federal Fair Housing Act, which makes it illegal to
advertise "any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make any
such preference, limitation, or discrimination." Your state or local jurisdiction may impose additional requirements.
Estia's Right To Terminate
Estia, in its sole discretion, may terminate any Classified listing immediately and without notice if
(b) Estia believes you have violated or tried to violate the rights of others. Please help us keep Estia Classifieds an enjoyable and positive experience.
If you see a listing that violates our rules, please let us know by contacting us.
Estia.com reserves the right to change or modify these terms at any time without any notice.
Abuse can be reported here.